Friday, September 19, 2014

It's Gettin' Real Now

It's great to have friends who actually know what they're doing when it comes to the really important stuff. Like brakes. My friend Steve, a long time hot rodder who owns a very cool 1938 Chevy sedan delivery, will be here tomorrow to help me with the brake job. Oh who am I kidding? He'll be here to do it all for me while I feed him tools and coffee. Rumor has it we might also see my friend Ed, who drives a beautiful red '48 Chevy truck.

After we get the wheels on, the truck will go back on the trailer for a ride over to Steve's house, where it will go on his lift so he can fabricate a bracket for the new dual feed master cylinder I'll be picking up today, along with all new brake lines.

When the stopping situation is all buttoned up, all we'll have left is putting the bed back on and throwing in a new battery, then registering and insuring the truck, and we can finally go for that ride I've been dreaming about for 33 years.

It sure IS gettin' real now.


###

No comments: