Monday, October 17, 2011

Let There be Blinking Light!

My friend Jim (who you can see in The Old Truck Runs Again! video) came by over the weekend, to help me get the turn signals/emergency flashers and horn working. The turn signals are an aftermarket system my brother installed after he bought the truck (which was built without them) in the early 80's. I don't think they were added at the factory until '51 or '52. Not sure.

Jim replaced some wiring, and we had to disconnect the blinkers on the front fenders so I could get to the underside and clean the surface so we once again had a good ground. Of course, I forgot about the greasy spindles (still don't have the drums I need) until the grease was all over the back of my sweatshirt...

So we're one more step toward finally takin' 'er down the road once again. Slowly but surely!

Just a reminder that you can get shirts, hats and a bunch of other stuff with a picture of my truck on them at The Old Truck Shop. You can choose your items with one of several captions under the picture of the truck, or just the truck itself with no caption. Some great gift ideas for old truck enthusiasts! I hope you'll check it out.

Thanks again to my friend Jim, whose help has been and will continue to be invaluable. You da man, Jim!

###

No comments: