Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Wheels, Tires & Possum Holler

Not quite as fancy as some of the wheels you see on those restoration TV shows, but I think these will do! Before and after below...


My brother had four wagon wheels back in the day when he had the truck, but he has no idea what happened to the other two. No biggie, as long as we have four six lug wheels ready to go...

And here are the junkyard tires I just brought home. It's not easy to come across four identical tires all with great tread left, but that's exactly what happened today. As I've learned, it's all about timing on these scrounging excursions. Not bad for $150 bucks!



And finally a HUGE thank you to Max at Possum Holler Garage in Sawdust, Tennessee for sending the brake drums and bearings that arrived yesterday! These guys do absolute top notch restoration work, regularly getting top dollar at auctions like Barrett-Jackson and Mecum. I can't say enough how much I appreciate the kindness Max and the Possum Holler crew have shown to this rank restoration amateur as I chase the dream. Just one example of the many people who have helped this project along the way. After we get on the road I'll be doing an extended post to thank everyone involved. We'll be doing the brake job as soon as possible (meaning whenever my friend Steve who has promised to help has the time - lol), after which we'll put the bed back on and be just about ready to go. It won't be long now!


###

No comments: