Friday, January 6, 2012

Lookin' Up

74 DAYS TO SPRING!

My brother Chris and the kids (all of whom appear in the Old Truck Runs Again video) stopped by on New Year's day. It was pretty mild for the first day of the year, so Michael and I decided pull the cover back just enough to get in and see if the truck would turn over. There was enough juice to move the gas gauge, but that's about it. Certainly not surprising since I hadn't been charging the battery, but it was fun to try anyway.

There are a couple of promising possibilities on the job front (I have been unemployed since early November of 2010), which of course means that moving the truck project along (not to mention catching up on some nagging bills) could soon get quite a bit easier. Funny how the timing works out. One of these possible jobs involves an audition which happens on Sunday, and the other a written test which happens on Monday. My hope is that by this time next week I'll be able to tell you about my new job. Wish me luck! And of course I wish you all the best if you are in a similar situation.

Did I mention there's only 74 days to Spring? Just wanted to make sure you didn't forget!

###

No comments: