Thursday, November 10, 2011

Puttin' the Name Out There

While digging for an extension cord here in my computer cave the other day, I came across some stencil letters I've had sitting around for years. I knew I was going to have to take the cover off the truck to make some repairs (a couple of minor tears from the previous winter had become worse with the weight of the freak snow storm two days before Halloween), so I decided to take advantage of the great weather we've had this week do something with the old letters.

Many people have stopped to ask about the truck as they drive or walk by, a couple of them going as far as pulling into the driveway to ask if it's for sale. The answer to that, of course, is always something like "Not for a million dollars, my friend. But thanks for stopping!"

I figured if all the people who have stopped to ask are any indication, there's a good bit of curiosity among all the passing traffic, so putting the domain name on the side of the truck might bring some additional visitors to the blog.

The passenger door is not as easily visible coming up the hill, but I will put the logo there as well, and on the cover after it goes back on. And of course it will remain on the doors after we finally hit the road again, until I can afford to have the truck painted.

Obviously, I'm hoping to sell a few shirts to help with the restoration of my truck. But this blog is also about simply exercising my life long love of writing, connecting with others with an appreciation for the subject matter and living a dream I've had since I was 17 years old. I'm far from being a marketing expert or web traffic whiz, so I don't know what kind of audience we'll end up with here (of course I would certainly welcome any help anyone from these areas might be willing to offer!). But it will be fun regardless.

###

No comments: