Monday, January 23, 2012

Ten Thousand Views!

57 DAYS TO SPRING!

We got the truck running on July 9th, 2011 and I posted the Old Truck Runs Again video the next day. I had checked the view total just a couple of times when in early November I was surprised to see it up over 1400, so I decided to start a daily tally. We were getting 80-100 views virtually every day (sometimes more) until last week, when there were a couple of days with over 200. Finally, 251 views over the last 24 hours has put us over the 10,000 mark.

It might still be far less popular than a lot of videos out there, but I think 10,000 views is pretty cool regardless, and I'm very appreciative of all the people who have liked the video enough to share it with others. We do have one “dislike” so far, from Norway. Probably a Ford fan.

I will also be forever appreciative of several people without whom this never would have happened: First of all my brother Peter, who bought the truck, drove it home from Missouri in 1981 and let it sit in his garage without selling it until he needed the space and agreed to sell it to us. And my brother Chris, who appears in the video with his kids (Michael, Kelly and Tim) and was holding the camera when the magic moment happened . Also our life long friend Brian, far more mechanically inclined than I am, who rebuilt the carburetor and got the fuel pump that was giving me fits to go on in about 30 seconds. And of course my good friend Jim, star of the video, an electrical whiz who got us the all important spark we needed, and whose infectious enthusiasm for the project has been a major inspiration.

Finally, I'm quite sure Mom and Dad have been here in spirit the entire time, helping the project along. I know they'll be riding with us when Peter and I finally go for that first drive together, taking this truck down the road for the first time since 1984. Hopefully you'll be watching THAT video sometime this spring!

###

No comments: