After taking a couple days to not think about it, I went out and gave all the parts a good cleanup.
Then I grabbed all the pictures I had printed, took a deep breath, and went to it. And suddenly, like the childhood moment when you realized you could ride a bike without falling over, it all started making sense.
Big thanks to my friend and fellow '49 Chevy truck owner Richie for stopping by to check my work and bringing with him a couple of tools I didn't have so we could get everything on. Just some adjusting left to do, then we can make it a roller and get it over to Steve's lift for the install of the new master cylinder and brake lines.
We're gettin' there...