Saturday, January 2, 2016

Officially Down for the Winter

With single digit low temperatures in the forecast for Monday and Tuesday night, I figured I better finally get out there and pull the battery today, which now sits on my work bench in the basement. Fired 'er up one more time first, and let it run for a few minutes while I walked to the shed to get the ratchet set so I could remove the cables. No problem disconnecting but had a hard time actually pulling the battery out, because it's below the floor on the passenger side of the cab and there was not enough room to get my hands around it. Had to lift it out with a strap. Alex and I had been talking about moving the battery to the firewall to make it easier to access and hold down, and trying to remove it today affirmed the idea, so that's where it will be when we go down the road in the spring. Which, by the way, arrives in only 78 days... ;-)




###

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looking good, John! Don't forget to put that on a Battery Tender or other maintainer while it waits out the winter so it's ready to go in the spring. Keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

Thank you! I'll have the maintainer on it hopefully today after work... ;-)