Monday, September 30, 2013

Update On a Gorgeous '57 Chevy Truck

I was driving by a few weeks ago and stopped to take some pics of it... Today I drove by to see a big FOR SALE sign on it, so I stopped in to see it up close and speak with Lew Lombardo, the owner of Ultimate Restorations on Triangle Street in Danbury, CT, where the truck sits. This thing is mint from the ground up. Full restoration a couple of owners back. It came in to have some work done and Lew ended up buying it...

Original V8, except for the valve covers. 3900 miles on the odometer, which I'm guessing is on a rebuilt motor. Not sure on that. He wants 25k, which is pretty much mid-range of what trucks like this go for on the private market. Someone looking to flip it could potentially make a nice profit if they wanted to go the auction route...

Would I buy it if I had the money and my '49 was done? Absolutely. But since that's not likely anytime soon, figured I'd throw it out there in case anyone else might be interested...




###

No comments: