Friday, December 30, 2011

Happy New Year

81 DAYS TO SPRING!

Wherever you are, whatever your dreams, I hope the new year brings you everything you hope for. My dreams include getting my truck on the road again, of course, which WILL happen come springtime. But I also hope for a better year for all who need it so badly. Many are suffering in many ways as a result of the horrible economy. My sincere hope is that things will really turn around and we'll be able to spend more time actually enjoying life instead of struggling to get by.

As hard as it can sometimes be in times like these, we need to remember to seek out and accentuate the positive. I'm a firm believer not just in the power of positive thought, but also the power of positive action in the effort to realize your dreams. This doesn't mean ignore the bad stuff, just don't dwell on it. Acknowledge the problems, determine what it will take to make them go away, and set out with a positive attitude to make it happen.

The unquestionable highlight of this year was of course July 9th, the day we got the truck running again for the first time since 1984. And again I need to thank my friends Jim, Brian, Mike and Tim, my brothers Peter and Chris, my niece and nephews and my better half Meg all for being such a big part of it. And of course many thanks once again to everybody who has taken the time to watch the video and share it. Looking forward to the day we make the next one!

Please have a happy and safe holiday and we'll see you next week with the first post of 2012!

###

No comments: